Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

I’ve lived with someone all those years that never really cared that were just playing me it’s impossible to get over x

Kaza
      Participant

I feel the same and this is the second time I let it happen to me as I am too kind and caring. It does make you feel depressed and I am so embarrassed to tell people I let another abuser into my life. Think I have finally learnt and am now on my own for the first time at (detail removed by Moderator) years of age. It was scary at first but now I love not having to listen to drunk talk and lies and abuse. Its a time thing. Take each day one step at a time. You will get over it. Just think you had a life before him and you will have one after him.

Nemo
      Participant

it does hurts, but we have to never forget that we took back our lives from them, our futures are our own and we can make them amazing.

their futures on the other hand will always be wasted because they will never be happy, even when achieve the ultimate power of control they’re still not happy and they just get even more frustrated and the abuse escalates.

these men will never love life, they are incapable of loving anything or anyone, but after all we’ve been through we still have so much love in our hearts for our friends, our family, our children, our pets, our work… and even though that makes us vulnerable to them and makes us capable of feeling hurt, at least it makes us capable of feeling happiness too.

i don’t know if that helps much but i hope it does…
      sending you hugs ❤

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

dont think no words can console the pain they inflicted on us, yes it does hurt, i just take a deep breath and focus on i got out alive , we understimate the value of our life , i hold on to so much that i actually escaped him , just thinking of it brings tears to my eyes, as others have said they will always be miserable, lets enjoy what time we have left and do positive things

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content