Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowcup
      Participant

Hi ladies,

Has anyone tried hypnotherapy to help them overcome anxiety, PTSD or traumatic experiences in their relationship?

I’m looking for ways to heal after this extremely toxic relationship.

Thank you❤

IAmGoodEnough
      Participant

Yes I tried it. Be prepared to purge emotionally and be sure you have a good practitioner as it brings everything to the surface and can be quite traumatic if they don’t know what they are doing.

I used to say it felt like a spa treatment because I had never felt so relaxed. But I have never cried so much in my life. It basically removes all conscious barriers and taps straight into your subconscious so all those coping mechanisms are removed.

I had already done a lot of work before I went and had no hidden suppressed memories.

(Detail removed by moderator).

Also my therapist was very spiritual and believed that death isn’t something to fear (detail removed by moderator) which even if I believe that to some extent was not particularly helpful in this situation lol.

I think it depends on you and what you are comfortable with. I did love it but seeing a very good talk therapist how has spiritual understanding was much more effective for me.

Hope this helps x

Yellowcup
      Participant

@IAmGoodEnough thank you so much for sharing your experiences. I’ll give it a try 🙂

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content