Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Since he’s told me he’s seeing someone else. It were only couple weeks ago he were trying to play happy family’s with us well before he tried crashing the car. I’d asked him if he had come clean about the abuse he said erm yeh bits of it!!!. Apparently this women he’s involved with she has 2 sons and the sad thing is one of them is the same age as his son which is mine 2. BUT her son is a bit of a fighter he posses a metal bar and keeps it under his bed incase anyone starts. I feel so torn I feel humiliated for myself and my boys. We are here totally broken and hes there within weeks with someone else!!!! Surely he’s not going to be a changed man????? I can’t sleep I feel sick…..x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Better Days,

There is no rhyme or reason to how they behave.

I think we find it so hard to come to terms with how they behave, because we imagine that they think like us, but they don’t. They are wired differently to us. They have completely different brains.

All that matters to them is getting attention and not being told off when they are in the wrong. They want someone who will let them do as they wish, that’s all they care about,msomeone who won’t stand up to them.

If this boy has a metal bar under his bed etc, chances are his mother is too weak to stand up to him, and this is why your ex has formed a relationship with her- he thinks he can boss her around also. Let’s hope that her sons stand up to him and teach him a lesson or two!

He won’t have changed.

betterdays
        Participant

Thanks serenity I feel my world has come to an end now. I feel it for my son. How’s he going to feel when he knows his dad is with a woman who has a son same age? Maybe he has changed x

You & all of your sons are 1000 times better off without him. You don’t see it at the moment but you will at some point. Maybe don’t tell your son anything right now, give it a few weeks. This is all likely to blow up within a short space of time anyway. You son sounds a million times more decent than this womans son, your son is kind, gentle and a nice boy who enjoys school (i think?) and is kind to people at school like he was during the cookery lesson. I don’t think the bruiser with the iron bar under the bed has those qualities.

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I agree with serenity he won’t change, he didn’t care about your feelings so all the things you pointed out to him will be used to hone his manipulation not to correct it.

Confused123
      Participant

He HAsnt changed hun, this is just us looking for a reason to hope they have so we will take them back, u better off without him , keep posting on here if u need support or just to get it off your chest

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content