Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      RabbitMum
      Participant

Hi all,

I left an abusive relationship (detail removed by moderator). It wasn’t until 6 months ago that I acknowledged the sexual abuse going on in that relationship. Memories of waking up with him having sex with me, of waking up sore and being coerced into saying yes have been haunting me ever since. Thing is whilst I can be very sad and hiding away in bed, I’m also increasingly angry. I lose my temper, my friends call me chaotic, I feel my blood boil all the time and I don’t know how to stop this feeling.

I’m with someone new now and my partner is worried about my anger and mood swings and I know it’s impacting us. I cry during sex and I’ve said yes to sex even when I don’t want to simply out of old autopilot.

I need help but I don’t know where to turn. I’ve gained weight from over eating, I hate every aspect of myself. I have a pet rabbit and he’s the only reason I’m still here because at this point I see no end and my body doesn’t feel like my body and I can’t bear to look at myself, I hate myself so much I don’t see a point anymore.

What do I do? I can’t afford private therapy and I’m nervous about admitting all this to a GP. I don’t want my family to know about all of this.

How do I stop being angry? How do I put the prices back together again? Please someone help.

Thank you.

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi Rabbitmum,

I would suggest you start by talking to a charity that support victims of rape or sexual abuse, these are known as ROSA. They have support networks all over the UK and you may find one somewhere near you.

Have a look at rosauk.org online

By acknowledging that you need help to get through this is a huge step in the right direction, with time and the right support you will get there,

Good luck x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content