Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angels,
      After taking some time away from the forum and if I’m honest with you, a lot of other things in my life… I am back!
      I feel that it is really important to be transparent and ‘real’ about things and the reason I had checked out is because I had nothing to give, nothing to offer, myself… let alone others
      I had been really busy at the start of the summer with work, and then my health started to suffer to the point that I was doing the minimum to stay a float … looking back I didn’t realise how bad it had become
      Thankfully now I have it sorted and feel 100% better and back to my new improved self!!
      Why I wanted to share this with you though is to empathise the importance of reconising what you need to give to yourself on all levels, physical and emotional
      Those of you who have read my posts on here before will know how much I go on about self love and giving back to yourself
      It doesn’t matter what situation you are in, this is so so important and even if you cannot put this into action yet, just start the thoughts rolling in your head
      Start visulising how you will feel when you are free of the relationship that is keeping you small, or the job you are in that isnt working for you, and start telling yourself you will get a better life and the life you deserve
      My journey out of my abusive relationship started this way, one very small step at a time but me finally realising I am worth more, I deserve more and I will have more
      Empower yourself ladies and use all this wonderful support from our fellow sisterhood to empower women everywhere
      Everyone has the power to change, you first though have to believe it is possible
      I send out my love and best wishes to you all
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Eyesopening
      Participant

Hi Darcey,
      That was a lovely message to read thank you, I’m glad your feeling better.
      Lots of love x*x

Darcy
        Participant

Thank you beautiful … lots better!xx

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Darcey,

It’s lovely to have you back.

Saddened to hear about the struggle you’ve had. It is just so “Darcy” to find the silver lining and and make the changes you needed to make.

Once again, you’ve popped up and said what I needed to hear just when I needed to hear it. I’m off work until Friday after having a complete meltdown about it this morning. When I woke up this morning, my heart was racing so fast that my fitbit couldn’t track it. I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Big hugs. xx

Darcy
        Participant

Hi beautiful Eggshells, feel into the meltdown! We all have them, there will be a lesson somewhere… what is it trying to tell you and get your attention for, what needs addressing or changing?
        Sometimes if we don’t ​listen to the first whispers of a situation that needs dealing with is sends in the big voice and starts shouting at us!!
        You have got this … you are a strong lady who has survived much worse… dig deep and find that strength again… I believe in you
        Sending you continued love & support
        Darcy xx

Stargazing1
      Participant

A lovely well written piece . I wish I was as strong as you right now .

Darcy
        Participant

Thank you beautiful … sending you some of my strength, I now have it to share out again… we are all here to support each other
        Don’t give up searching for that strength xx

Stargazing1
      Participant

Hi Darcy , sorry to the late reply . Thank you for the lovely reply. I’ll keep searching I will Thank you so much . Take care.

Whyohwhy
      Participant

This is really good advice! When I left my partner I saw someone mention something on Facebook about vision boards. I didn’t do anything too grand I just made a private Pinterest board and posted all the things I wished for my life. Then when I am having low days I look at it and it encourages me to strive for what I want from life. And when you do achieve things it’s so nice to look at it and think wow I have done that. One of the big things for me was taking my little daughter camping alone, now everyone tells me how brave I am for doing that and it’s a nice feeling. Step by step, we can create the life we want. There might be hurdles to cross but we can get there xx

nbumblebee
        Participant

@whyohwhy what a lovley idea.

@Darcy
        what a lovley post huge well done on regaining your strength xxxxx

Darcy
        Participant

Thank you nbumblebee … if I can be a strength for you now I am strong please use me
        D xx

nbumblebee
        Participant

@Darcy what an amazing thing to say.
        So so much appreciated especially right now. X

Darcy
        Participant

Hi Whyowhy,
        I love what you have written … yes it all has to start somewhere and we can never give up hope … hurdles can be over come and there are so many beautiful women on here who are living proof of that
        Get your dreams down on paper so they become something solid… dream big and then dream bigger
        D xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content