Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

Hi ladys I am so fed up my life not any better I still don’t have my own home it’s so depressing I do have support in place but not much is happening as yet where I live in a homeless place it’s horrible and depressing place I ever lived in . We don’t even have a liveing room I worry about my children mental health I am on high priority list to move to a other homeless place I am not sure how long I have to wait I am at risk in the area and the council don’t care . I am fed up of how we live it’s makeing me depressed I don’t now how long it’s going to take my support worker and all the other support people to get the council to put me in band A . It’s my kids father fault the reason why I’ve got no place to live I wish I never went thought done abuse it’s horrible.

Mellow
      Blocked

Not in the same but similar situation I have a support worker and getting a house is a nightmare I’m currently number (detail removed by Moderator) on list I am living with my abuser they have said only way I can get up the list is o full in homeless application.I’m sorry your in such circumstances I’m still in the family home but my mental health is suffering.is there any kind of self care you could do a face mask or something and buy some puzzles for the kids something to keep their spirits up ?x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

sending hugs and strengths to you to get through this. Its grim, and i totally feel this. Know that you are not alone, the housing situation is in crisis and it makes for a very distressing time for any fleeing abuse to go into.

I’m glad you have support, keep speaking to them to stay in the loop of whats going on and keeping you all in mind regularly. There is only so long you can be in emergency/temporary accommodation before you have to be moved into something permanent.

Keep you all safe, and maybe get out as much as humanly possible so that less of your life is in that place, go to places that are fun, outside spaces for the children to enjoy, walks, and trips as much as you can.

warmest wishes

ts

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello mellow
      Thank you for careing I am sorry what you are going thought I would not think the council would let you stay with the abuser that’s not right please contact women aid to do you a letter they can help to move you should not be liveing like that I now there are short of houseing but they need to support. You can get support in the situation you are in please keep on calling up the council they need to help you I hate to think you are suffering. Thank you for your advice I really appreciate it

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Twisted sister

Thank you for your advice one of my friends waited 3 to 4 years to get a house that is a long time to wait i hope I don’t wait that long . I have got support which is good my support worker is getting things sorted out but it’s a long process I now I have to wait as things can’t move quickly. I hate how me and my children live it’s horrible but one day I hope I get a house I want .I try and get out most days if I can because staying in the homeless places are depressing.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content