Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am glad I am strong most of the time, glad I can think positively, glad I can control my reactions most of the time now, glad I am always able to distract myself when I feel down and that I have tried doubly hard to be that way since coming back from the refuge back to our house, glad I can see the shorter time it takes for me not to feel so hurt at times…

Even though the situation is carrying on, I am glad I went to the refuge and got some of my strength back. I can somehow see more clearly. And maybe eventually I will have the courage to leave. And even if I stay, it will be my way to say ”you can’t bring me down…”

I’m pleased your feeling good Bridget, there is no reason for us women to get stuck in these awful situations. they are so difficult to get out of once you are in, but you are well on your way to freedom, well done! X (i find the mental getting out of it the hardest, the breaking free mentally, this is something I am working on)

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Bridget

Thank god for positivity.

I like you normally see the good in everything. Even though I am in a bad situation is have wonderful moments.

Here’s to positivity

FS xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content