Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

you can get legal aid. Does being in a women’s refuge automatically entitle you to receive legal aid?

Thank you for your replies
      BJ

Winterblues2
      Participant

I haven’t been in refuge, but I had legal aid through a solicitor. I had to fill in a means tested application form with her and provide evidence of criminal proceedings (so an email from the Police Officer to the solicitor giving my ex’s details, crime number and bail conditions).

Hope this helps.

White Rose
      Participant

Try helpline? Or citizens advice. Solicitor definitely will know!
      Or one of the women in refuge may help too.
      Sorry can’t help further.
      So glad you’re safe xxxx

Serenity
      Participant

I got legal aid because I had got an injunction against him. I don’t know about the refuge – I would call the NCDV and ask them.

Big hugs, Bridget X

Falling Skys
      Participant

If the police have pressed charges on him for something he has done to you yes.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

hope you are ok and feeling supported in Refuge. personally, i wouldn’t say it guarantees anything, because not only is legal aid dependent upon evidence of DV (which Refuge worker could provide), but also financials, and i’ve still had to provide police evidence, etc. for things despite being in Refuge.

Best advice would be to ask your keyworker i think? good luck with everything

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Well done for getting out , hope u feeling ok , not to
      Sure but I know the support worker there at refugee give u loads of support ask them they can guide u , stay strong and keep posting

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content