Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I left him, I work more than ever, I pay my bills, I won more (detail removed by moderator) lately, my skills are rare and I am able to sell them to numerous places, I can survive!
      It will get even better. I know it.
      I dont need him. I feed myself on positive things, I comfort myself, I comfort others when I can, I try hard and i feel loved by my friends.
      I feel free.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi BridgetJonesisFree,

This is wonderful to read, you certainly should be proud. Life after abuse is challenging, but keep celebrating the positives and as you say it will improve with time.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done Bridget, you should be so proud of yourself. Freedom is a priceless. it is better than anything. You are so talented, he needed you more than you needed him. You have everything, goodness, talent and loving kindness. He has nothing only himself and his envy, his hatred and jealousy. You truly are a miracle survivor. I know how hard it was for you to break free, but you did it. Celebrate that wonderful freedom everyday.

Keep sharing your positive experiences and keep sharing how good freedom feels for all the ladies who are where we were and are trying to extricate themselves from their abusive relationship.

Serenity
      Participant

Well done, Bridget.

Like you are doing, it’s good to focus on my strengths. It’s easy to feel so damaged by what they took from us. I think if we can focus on our strengths, what we are good at, what comes naturally to us, our talents, it will help us to move forward.

We all have strengths and talents- even if our abusers tried to make us forget what those were. x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content