Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lottieblue
      Participant

I just feel it’s getting worse, not better.
      All “our” friends continue to lap up his (detail removed by Moderator) narrative. None have reached out to me.
      And our (detail removed by Moderator) has a big event coming up and has invited my ex and (detail removed by Moderator) to go, but hasn’t even mentioned it to me. I am gutted.
      I have also had a big falling out with a family member who I really depended on for support.
      My GP has increased my medication, but I genuinely can’t see what the point is of getting out of bed in the mornings. I don’t regret leaving. It was horrible. I regret ever meeting him. But then my children… The whole of the last (detail removed by Moderator) feels like such a massive mistake and now I have nothing.

Melonballs
      Participant

You have your pride and dignity. And you have the strength to have walked away.

Mutual ‘friends’ will always say they’ll never side, but more often then not they do. (Our mutual friends are edging on his side, so I tell them nothing now. To me, they’re just ‘pub’ buddies).

Is there anyone else going to this event you could go with? Even if it’s just to hold your head high, and shove two fingers up at the world?

Once you’ve found a momentum, however small, maybe you could find a common ground with your relative, and build on from there?

You have a fresh start and the world at your feet.

Hugs to you…. I really do hope you start feeling bigger, better and stronger soon xx

iliketea
      Participant

@Lottieblue, sending you a massive hug. Have you heard of the Recovery Toolkit? Google it, you can get the book off Amazon. See if you have a local organisation that is running a group on it. If not, you can follow it yourself. It is really helpful. Pm on its way. Stay strong, not going to give you platitudes, it is rubbish, especially when exs don’t disappear and do the right thing but seem intent on looking good, the best they’ve ever been, and being around. They have no shame these men. They are all the same. x*x

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hope your having a better day today? As for Regrets?…I’ve had a few too! Haven’t we all here? I’m sure we have! Look after yourself 💐

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content