Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Bethesda
      Participant

He texted me (detail removed by moderator),the first time in more than one month
      I deleted his phone but…
      We have been talking for hours and he looks like he still love me…after all he said wich meant the opposite:I don’t love you anymore,I want to be on my own…
      He told me lots of nice stuff,he’s trying to rebuild his life bla bla bla,he didn’t say he want us together again but he gave me hopes…
      I don’t know what to think anymore,I was trying to move on,trying to get myself back and now I’m in the start square again
      Why???why he contacted me??
      Please ladies,some comment would be really appreciated

Escapee
      Participant

Hey my lovely Bethesda,

He is being so selfish and unfair to you! It’s the cycle, whether it’s the trauma bond, the abuse cycle or the codependent behaviour pattern. Even in a non abusive relationship that has broken down this happens. You are familiar to each other, you have shared so much with each other, we need familiarity to help us feel safe and secure. He too will go through these feelings, all be it for different emotional reasons – you’ll know exactly what it is he’s missing and don’t allow yourself to get sucked in and just think nice things! Be honest with yourself about what he is really like, is he really missing you because he finds you easy to manipulate or hurt and that makes him feel good about himself (all abusers are cowardly bullies under their disguises).
      I know it must have felt wonderful to have his attention and to have his nice side but you must never let your guard down and forget just what a pig (and that’s offensive to pigs) he is!
      You are worth so much more! Please hang on in there; be strong and brave and love yourself first and foremost.
      Sending you lots of love, hugs and a hand to hold on to đŸ€x*x

Bethesda
      Participant

Thank you so much Escapee
      Xxxx

Tiffany
      Participant

It’s such hard work. And he really is a horrible man. He makes you feel good about yourself only so he can come back and make you feel bad again later. I would suggest that the best thing to do is to change your phone number and only give your new phone number to people you trust not to give it to him. Also make sure he hasn’t got you as a contact on any messaging apps like WhatsApp as they automatically update people with their contacts new numbers. It might be worth deleting any apps like that from your phone before you change numbers, then reinstalling with the new number, so the accounts are not linked.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Bethesda honey

It’s called hoovering you back into the (abusive) relationship.
      The reasons can be many; e.g. he hasn’t yet found another source of supply providing him free housing etc, it’s then easier to recycle an old victim, it’s less effort, you are already groomed/brainwashed to his likings do you see?
      Love bombing you, telling you whatever it is you wish to hear, he knows exactly which of your heartstrings to pull and melt down your heart until you’re giving in to his manipulations.
      See it as him casting wide his fisher net and whichever “fish” he’s catching is seen as potential prey. He is most probably seducing and love bombing other targets as we speak. It’s just a matter of time until one will be biting. Please let it not be you dear honey, you have been through this, don’t believe his sweet words, you deserve sooooo much better.

You are free now and there is a beautiful life out there for you, recenter your focus on yourself, on your own wishes and dreams for your life. Find out what they are, explore this.
      Concentrate also on rebuilding your social network with your old friends and perhaps with your healthy ex, they seem to have your best interest at heart unlike your abusive ex.

Take in a deep breath and distract yourself with an activity you’re enjoying and keep posting here.

Start again going No Contact as this is the only safe way going forward, block his new number.

It’s your time now honey!

Sending you lots of hugs and strength 💕đŸ’Ș

TakingMeBack
      Participant

Your not weak, infact your very strong to come on here and speak about it rather than just straight away trying to pursue things with him. Your on here for a reason, because he was abusive. This is just a small set back if you get back with him you’ll be even further back. Sadly he’s propbablly just trying to feed his ego in knowing you will still talk to him and are an option after he said all those things.

Bethesda
      Participant

THANK YOU SO MUCH my lovely ladies
      I’m going abroad on holidays tomorrow with friends,hopefully I can disconnect and keep going with No Contact
      Thank you!

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

That’s so good to hear honey, wishing you the best of times! 😘

HunkyDory
      Participant

Enjoy your holiday Bethesda, you are definitely not weak, he is trying his best to get you back. Please try to resist and keep getting stronger. Your holiday will show you how happy and free you are without him. Big hugs xx

Bethesda
      Participant

Thank you
      I would be lost without you all!
      Lots of kisses!

Bethesda
      Participant

Well
      As usual,all of you were right
      No sign of him since yesterday,that’s it
      He just wanted me to mess my head up again,being nice,make sure that I still love him and then,vanished again
      I’m so b****y blue again
      I shouldn’t have replied his text and talk to him on the phone
      In the start square again
      JesusChrist,I only want all this pain,sadness and dissapoitment gone of my life
      I’m pretty tempted to text him now that I have his phone number again but I won’t do it
      He’s probably having fun in his new place,”rebuilding his life”(basically trying to get a job,if he can keep it for more than a few weeks,he only worked a few weeks in months…buy a second hand van and travel around the country and abroad,yes,he’s always thinking of me,I’m his priority)
      What a c**p
      Why??
      I hate myself for being so naive

lover of no contact
      Participant

Bethesda,

You feel awful because you had contact with him; we’ve all done it and experienced the feelings setback that you’re feeling now but give it a day or two and you’ll feel better. He’s poison so that’s why you feel bad now. It’s hard to get them out of our head but hopefully your friends and the holiday will take his place in your thoughts and mind.

Enjoy your holiday ; you deserve it. Enjoy the break away and try and eat some simple but nutritious meals so you can get your strength back.

Bethesda
      Participant

Bless you,lover of no contact
      You’re right
      They’re pure poison
      I’m sick and tired but trying to think in my friends and holidays
      THANK YOU SO MUCH

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Have a fabulous holiday and I hope you can disconnect from him, remove his number and block his nasty *ss from your life. xx

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content