Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s so scary, but it makes me excited too so I’m hoping this is the beginning of better things for me and my family.. the only thing that hurts me is that I’m worried about my daughter who my ex got residency of, I fear he won’t let me see her on weekends as that’s when he want’s to have her (as he works monday to friday) but I’m going to do uni full-time.. I know this is the right step forward for me, but I’m worried he’ll weaponise it

KIP.
      Participant

That’s absolutely fantastic. From what I remember the court order says you have her at the weekends? He has no legal right to keep her so speak to a solicitor and if he refuses to hand her over then ring the police. You need to be strong and stand your ground here. I’m sure you will do great at Uni. Being with an abuser stunts our growth. It’s your time now. Power to you x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Wow what a positive step for yourself, respect, hats down to you! Well done!!this is such a brave step, well done Sweetdisposition!

Keep the focus only for yourself, keep your concentration on your studies, try to set high very boundaries to protect yourself, push back anything that doesn’t benefit you, don’t let anything else enter your space, this is your time, this will give you your independence.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Can you possibly go no contact to keep your headspace for yourself?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m going to try and have all communication through a third party, I want to take this opportunity as my platform to get the life I want and to better the future for my little ones too – can’t have any distractions through that

KIP.
      Participant

That’s fantastic. We feel empowered when we take back control. Abusers thrive on our misery, it makes them feel good to manipulate and abuse us. When you cut off that outlet for his misery he won’t like it. You’re entitled to protect yourself from his manipulation and emotional abuse. Be firm in your decision. If he continues to try to make direct contact don’t reply. Ring 101 and speak to a domestic abuse officer and report it as harassment. He has no rights to be in your life, if someone can act as a buffer it will speed your recovery and give you more headspace to concentrate on your studies. To get a better life for you and your little ones. Abusers also can’t stand when we better ourselves. They love to stunt our growth and keep us down. Power to you ✊️

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Exactly, you don’t need any distractions from him so protect yourself well and good from any direct contact. Well done.
      I am cheering for you, I find impressive how your turned your situation around and regained full power over your own life and your future.
      Pls do follow KIP’s advice to keep yourself safe from any attempts of contact or any disturbances coming from him okay. You go student, enjoy your time 👩‍🎓

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content