Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Splishsplash
      Participant

Yesterday was the first day I laughed and joked with my sister like old times, did silly things, had a day out with the kids and I wasn’t on edge or rushing, had time to have special loving moments with each boy and actually giggled to myself looking back on the day we had.

I have missed the happy smiling joking me. I’m glad to start feeling like my old self and have some actual proper motivation. Happy to be the mum I longed to be. (Removed by moderator) years of rottern deep depression ended the day I walked away. Its been a (removed by moderator) of being free.

OK its far from perfect. I don’t have a home yet, my eldest isn’t in a school yet. I have had naff all money wise.
      I am having terrible nightmares about him wrecking everything and coming after me. My son still gets teary about lots of things. Still got a massive hill to climb but I’m on my way up!

Everything is slotting into place and my guardian angel is in full swing.

I have remembered I can smile

KIP.
      Participant

Thats a huge breakthrough! I remember crying the first time i felt really happy. My brain had forgotton how to feel happiness. I used to have to pretend to be happy! The real thing is amazing. Hang onto that feeling. Write it in a journal and then when a down day comes along you can read the journal and grab that happy memory❤️ Onwards and upwards x

Serenity
      Participant

Congratulations!

I remember the day I suddenly realised they I had been laughing for the hours. And I can mostly laugh on a daily basis now!

You’ve begun to find yourself again- it’s like an old friend you’ve not seen for a long time! Enjoy being you!

💛

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I’ve hardly stopped smiling all week. It feels amazing!
      I’ve had nasty emails, not seen my kids for weeks and no luck on job front so far but I’m excited for my new life and feel a huge weight has finally lifted.
      I’m getting me back and I really like and appreciate her now!
      And smiling is definitely good for you.

Hi there I’m so glad you’re smiling especially because things are not going the way you want right now but I promise you they will. Can you give me some of your positivity please? I could do with a dose of it as I’m not feeling quite so positive right now x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content