Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mira
      Participant

Dear all
      It has been one month and a half now that i managed to leave him with both my kids. It has been challenging and really hard but i couldn’t have done it without support from all of you. I have been thinking of leaving for about a year and it was never the right time although the bag with my documents was prepared. One day i woke up and did all the normal things and after he left i was waiting for the kids to wake up, and in my head i was preparing how do i tell them and what to do if they get distressed. Thank God everything went ok and we got our stuff and left. Now i have a little flat, trying slowly to get on my feet. My ex is behaving so far crying, begging and giving promises but it doesn’t mean that I trust him. I am slowly trying to get to know myself and take my own decisions without his influences . It is so hard to break the cycle and socialize because that was the life I knew for a long time, but i feel strong. I have a message to all the women in these horrible situations to do something and stop this as once you take that first step its your first step to your freedom. Believe me i know this more than everyone because for (detail removed by moderator) i have lived with the idea that this was my destiny and there is no other way. Open your eyes and respect your self because if you don’t no one will.

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely well done and thank you for posting a positive post. I agree that freedom is worth the struggle. I was decades too but finally enough is enough. Next step is zero direct contact and remember it’s still the most dangerous time for you. You don’t need to hear his manipulation and abuse anymore. He’s not your responsibility. Onwards and upwards x x x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Congratulations Mira, your story is really encouraging. Good luck to you and your family xx

Mira
        Participant

Thank you so much KIP and SmokeySubplot. All the best to you guys.

HunkyDory
      Participant

Well done Mira, a really positive post. Like KIP says, try going no contact just to be absolutely sure he can’t reel you back in. Congratulations on your new life 💐x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content