Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      LozzyX
      Participant

Hi all

I feel like my anxiety has increased massively since the ‘final straw’… I should be more positive and calm now I know I have decided to leave (just need to get legal advice and plan safe exit)…. And not only this but we are on alternate shifts most the week so don’t hardly see him and I am seeing friends tonight which usually helps …. But instead I wake up in mode of night in sheer panic n have a constant churning in my stomach that radiates through my whole body so I am literally trembling.

I don’t know why I am having such bad anxiety. He isn’t physically abusive. He can get angry but not physical. Been on antidepressants for s few months but Dr will not give me anything at all for anxiety 🙁

I usually try mindfulness or some exercise but I am too tired and left drained to do anything… It’s like I am paralysed with fear

itwillbeokay
      Participant

Hello. Reading your post I’m wondering if you might have developed hyper vigilance. I just used to refer to myself as “a nervous wreck” leading up to me leaving, however I now recognise it was this. What you write sounds exactly how I was feeling. Mine wasn’t physically abusive either.

I hope you are okay. You can do this. It’s not easy but it’s the right thing to do, life is too short to live with someone making you feel this way x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi LozzyX, i too am feeling like this, today has been awful. All i want is to stop the extreme sick feeling and wanting to run. The top of my stomach is getting knottier by the day. Ive developed a uti which is anither side effect of extreme stress and the anxiety is off the scale. Hes not really physical more extreme verbal also. Ive had years of it. (Detail removed by moderator). Long term stress is a killer, i wish this was over

Iwantmeback
      Participant

They’re not there, sorry.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content