Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Overcome
      Participant

So, I have just received a message from his father asking about the child benefit payments (I have took back control and had them transferred back to my account as it is all in my name). I said that should be between him and I really to which he agreed but then said that the ex said he will call up the benefits office to check it out. Was that to intimidate me? So I now have two people playing silly games with me!

Can he override my decision to have the benefit paid into my account if it’s in my name? He earns too much to get the full amount anyway!

KIP.
      Participant

It’s all mind games. He will be lying to his dad and everyone else. At least you know who’s side his father is on, blood is always thicker than water in my experience. It about control. If your ex has control of the finances he has control of you. Mine cancelled all the direct debits. Tried to make me pay half when I had little money. I’d give citizens advice a ring or your local women’s aid. It’s not about the money it’s about the control.

fizzylem
      Participant

You are seperated yes? Have the children for the most part of the week? Then it is your child benefit and nothing to do with anyone else x

fizzylem
      Participant

Every child gets child benefit, it was family allowance when I was a kid, pretty sure it has nothing to do with how much either of you earn. Next ring child tax credits and see if you are eligible for anything here too; then the child maintanence agency and get them to calculate his child support payments and get them to collect it for you – you wont need to have any dealings with him re financial matters again x

fizzylem
      Participant

And best of all he can’t do a thing about any of it!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content