Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

I thought thought I was doing OK. I thought I was going to get through Christmas. Today I don’t know what has changed I just want to cry. I feel like a whole mess. I just want to go to bed and wake up on the 1st or not at all. Everything just feels to overwhelming. I don’t know how to cope.

Amethyst15
      Participant

Hi In need,
      Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I know in the early days i felt exactly like you and still have some major wobbles,

Tamra
      Participant

Hi inneedofsomepeace

It’s such a shame you post took so long to be activated as I saw it waiting last night.
      I do hope you are feeling a little better than when you posted it.
      Christmas is a very difficult time and I’m not sure if you still with who ever has abused you.
      I just wanted to reach out and send you a hug and to let you know we will all be thinking of you.
      Please keep posting

Tamra xx

Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

We left a while ago and are now in refuge. We have people to spend the big day with its just the run up watching all the families and I feel I have failed mine. I also have to testify against my husband in the near future and I am starting to panic about that too it all just feels too much.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi In Need,

Hugs I find it comes in waves on me coping and then the dread of the “Big Day” no big family day for me either. My friends are making plans I working out how to keep safe. I feel like a failed everyone at times, but we didn’t ask to be abused its them.

The police as waiting for me to be in a safe place so we can go forward with charging him with what he’s done to me.

Try and get through one thing at a time, Christmas, then the case good luck with it all. x

one day at a time
      Participant

Just wanted to send you a big hug. You are amazing for having got through everything so fae. Take each day as it comes, keep in touch with everyone who can support you and know life cab be good. Be kind to yourself. Xx

White Rose
      Participant

Never say you’ve failed. You haven’t. You’re here and you will be fine and it will get better, slowly but surely in little baby steps but it will xxxx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content