Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have children with two ex-partners. Both were abusive.

I started living in a refuge at the end of last year because of the father of my youngest.

Meanwhile the father of my eldest has used me coming into refuge to start legal proceedings for custody. He basically took my child after them living with me for (removed by moderator) years. He said refuge was grounds to show I’m unstable.

Youngest:’s dad has sold all my stuff. I have nothing. Money is tight. My car broke down and I can’t fix it which means I can’t see my eldest who is now living in another part of the country.

I just don’t feel like I’ll ever have a good life and am struggling. I can’t cope any more and want to tell them both how much its all got to me. I don’t think they would care

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s hard to accept, but these men don’t care about anyone but themselves. Are you getti g support anywhere?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Squeaky cheese, I wanted to offer you some support this morning I can see you are going through such a difficult time. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for abusers to use children in order to continue the abuse and control.

You could make contact with Women’s Aid through the Live Chat, this would give you an opportunity to seek some support about your situation. It also sounds as though you could benefit from some legal advice. Rights of Women are very experienced around domestic abuse. They have a wealth of information on their website and they also have a family law advice line.

You could also contact Turn2us about your financial situation, they could let you know if you might be entitled to anything else.

Best wishes

Lisa

fizzylem
      Participant

You are just one person, and this is a lot to deal with. Sounds dreadful SC. You need lots of support and can only deal with one thing at a time when you feel able. Are you getting any help to get re-housed? Can you get a solicitor? If you are on a low income and there is domestic abuse you will likely qualify for legal aid. I would say ideally you could do wth a WA support worker, have you got someone in refuge who can help you to navigate this?

OK, so he has got your child, this is painful to live with, you need some legal advice here to see what can be done, as hard as it feels use this time to get things ready for his return, keep intouch on the phone, focus on you and your youngest for now and this could turn out to be a temporary situation. Keep posting and we will all try and help as much as we can x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content