Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Had my GP appointment today for the review on my depression and new tablets etc I was all prepared to show bruises on arm and back/bottom but covered up and couldn’t bring myself to say anything other than “ things are ok at home it’s just me. “
      Won’t be seeing till another month and just left with a doubled up dose.
      Feel so weak and just tied. I really am seeing true colours cus even though I had the text apology when I showed him the result of being thrown eg bruising he just said well you antagonise . So he wasn’t sorry at all 🙁

Falling Skys
      Participant

HI big big hugs xx

I stop going to the doctors for a long time as I couldn’t bring myself to verbalise what I was going though so can understand how you feel.

In the end I wrote a letter and pass it over to the doctor at our appointment which may help you too.

A typical abuser always someone else’s fault. Nothing you say or do deserves a beating.

Don’t give up your a star.

FS xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Falling sky’s..
      that’s a good idea about writing a letter to hand over. Were they ok about it? I’m so much better writing as I learnt when u called women’s aid I just can’t say out aloud things ..

Anonymous
      Inactive

I not u I mean sorry

Falling Skys
      Participant

Mine was fine, but I kept it simple. Or have bullet points for you to refer to.

Good luck.

FS x

KIP.
      Participant

Make sure you photograph injuries for doc too x you could always post them to her x

dustypink
      Participant

Anonon
      I am also not good in talking, Englush is nit my native language. I am good in writing though as this is the only way I communicate with people (online). So I write the diary in English, and this really helped when police came. I just gave them to read. Also sent it to domestic abuse support officer to describe my situation.
      When I will see solicitir, I will take it with me as well.
      I am also thinking to see my GP and talk to her. I can’t sleep well and have terrible migraine attacks due to the constant stress I live in.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

I saw a doctor today I didn’t go into your details but I was seeing them regarding the aftermath of my abuse and he said that any doctor would be pls to has a letter pass to them so they can help their patients. x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ah thank you Falling sky’s it’s something I am seriously considering as I don’t think I can verbalise it as I just “ play it down” even when saying etc.. plus so much I genuinely am ashamed to even say aloud ( this has made me partly see how wrong it must be) .
      I’m so sorry to hear how hard things are with migraines and the stress … it’s so amazing that you have also written things too.. it’s really encouraging..

Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I didn’t think of posting pics either kip ive taken pictures printing may be an issue so perhaps if make reference to them in writing something and I could show phone ?ahhh they may not even care argh I just feel daft

Falling Skys
      Participant

Abusers make us feel daft stupid at fault and even embarrassed for what they do to us.

Our silence gives them more power.

It is hard to speak out I know I cried today about what I have been through but once I started talking and telling I started to heal.

I’m having a wobble at the moment but things are so much better than they were.

You are a good person and you deserve better.

FS xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content