Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Can you relate? Feel this happens so often when I’m upset.

He came home late very stoned he wanted intimacy and I was so tired but gave in.

(detail removed by moderator) I overslept was grumpy and resentful.

He just made a joke of this.

But as I was grumpy he in response got at me, little digs.

I just can’t remember what he said to me only that I’m felt hurt angry and upset wanting to cry.

I still feel like I am bottling it all up.

My oldest child asked what happened and told me their dad has had enough of me getting at him.

I couldn’t explain what had happened as I couldn’t remember what was said no matter how hard I try. Felt this made me look bad.

Does this happen to anyone else, I wanted to write down what happened but can’t. Feel like I’m crazy.

Squiddles
      Participant

I’m sorry about what you are going through.

Yes, I often got left with the emotions and visual memory,but the blow by blow verbal content was often lost. I think I was shocked and just so stressed.

I can remember lying on the floor as a complete snivelling wreck. No idea what he’d said in detail. Just know he’d been apparently worried about finances and then he’d decided to buy something non-essential for tens of thousands. I had said it wasn’t a good idea. He went boom. No detail.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Bless you and hugs squiddles, that sounds awful for you x

Guessing our brains switch off so we can cope.

It’s so hard trying to understand this all, especially when you are still living like this.

I hope you are doing better now, are you out?

Take care CB X

LightbulbMoment
      Participant

I think that’s exactly it – you go into survival mode when you’re being yelled at, you get caught up in the feeling of being attacked, try to defend yourself, and the details get lost.
      Sometimes the argument is so convoluted and the points don’t follow logically so it can be hard to remember. Also, there’s so much of it! – so many words and it goes on and on.
      My ex shouts for an hour than asks me to summarise what I’ve understood from the ‘discussion’. It sets me up to fail because I have forgotten half of it by then – even if I remembered perfectly and recited word-for-word I’d be wrong!
      But, ultimately, even if you can’t remember the details, you remember how you feel. And you felt angry and upset – that’s what’s most important.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content