Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hereforhelp
      Participant

Through all the trauma of the last few years I uave remained strong, hopeful… I adopted a ‘f**k it, let the universe sort what I can’t’…. tonight I have broken, I can’t stop crying, I feel pain in my chest (emotional pain(….

My (detail removed by Moderator) ook an overdose, due to a medical condition she’s been diagnosed with… it affects her brain, she’s a child ffs…. I know I couldn’t cope with another big trauma and I afraid that another will happen… some of you know my story and what I mean… I couldn’t fave people today… not even my teenage children, I just have nothing left.

Meanwhile abusive ex husband ignored every bit of correspondence from professionals involved.

I miss my mum… I think grief is starting to happen as I put my grief on hold.. now it is seeping through and my tears won’t stop.

I feel so alone and I don’t normally feel this way. I habe been depressed before, clinically… this feels like depression.

This has gone on for so long as he drags it put, I have had enough

Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi HFH,

I can totally relate and am sending you a big virtual hug 🤗 I hope you’re feeling a little better this morning.

I was in a similar position a while back, not with the awful issue you’re facing with your child, but an incident with my child nonetheless caused by my ex. When I found out, my child needed my support. But I knew what I was facing with my ex again, police, children services etc, just after I thought a huge obstacle had finally been dealt with and I could catch my breath and enjoy life for a bit. It was like being hit in the stomach. You feel pain for your child and pain for yourself and I just felt I had nothing left in the tank to carry on.

But I did. As you will. Because it’s what we do. I had a massive cry, like you, and that did relieve some of the despair/stress I felt. Then, really importantly, I reached out for support. Mine was counselling (luckily I was getting support from WA) but I did toy with maybe I needed an anti depressant for a time. No shame in that at all. Turns out I didn’t but I was fully prepared to try that. Maybe have a chat with your GP if you haven’t already done so.

Losing your mum is so hard too- I lost mine (detail removed by Moderator) right, in the midst of when abuse was at its worse, and no time or space to grieve. So I understand. The grief has to come out sometime. And that’s ok we only grieve something or someone for whom we have much love.

You are not alone whilst you have us here. There is probably no one that understands what you are going through better than the ladies on this forum. I wish I’d seen this last night when you reached out.

It feels like it’s never going to end (I’ve posted about this a number of times and you’ve been a great source of advice and comfort). But it will pass and you’ve had a great f*#% it attitude in the past. You need just to get your own oxygen mask on now so you can support your child.

Here if you need me ❤️Xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

I sat in my graden rocking sobbing wondering how on earth I could keep on like this. One moment of bravery i called my gp got seen and got anti anxiety meds. Took me weeks to be brave enough to take them and im not yet sure if they help but im one step further.
      Reach out one moment of courage could really be all it takes to get some much needed help.
      Sending love n hugs xxxx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hello HTH

You have got through so much as to be some sort of super-shero! You have been there, so been there for everyone else, and I am so saddened to learn your distressing news of your daughter now too.

I have only just seen this and hope that you are feeling a bit more ok now. It can feel like a hurricane the strength of the emotions, like they will sweep you away. Sometimes they can be the tears that have been building for a long time and I hope that you have since found deep peaceful sleep and some recovery, baby steps.

Are those around you offering good support with her diagnosis?

when I hear you speak of all that you have suffered, and so recently, and then you mention how awful the ex is still being, its makes me mad that these abusers continues to get away with their behaviours as they do. It seems such an unjust world at times, but I hope you can feel the love here, the strength of support for you. Despite all your pain, you have still come here and offered such support to other women and now all this strength is here for you too.

You are a truly amazing woman, and mum, take your time to lick your wounds, and be gentle and kind on yourself. (((((hugs))))

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content