Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Good samaritan
      Participant

I have my first session next week and it is such a relief to be able to speak openly to someone to help try and gain some perspective because the last decade of my life just feels like a blur that’s left a mountain of mess to wade through to be able to see clear and focus again.

JUst wanted to send a message of solidarity. I know yourself has worked very hard, so hard.
      and also women’s’ aid.
      well done everyone. Still hard, so hard but well done for the steps taken.
      all best
      thinking of you all
      ftc.x

maddog
      Participant

Domestic Abuse is a tough nut to crack. Women’s Aid are my fairy godmothers at the moment. I now understand why my husband’s former family are No Contact. I had a smack early on in my relationship with my husband that he was abusive. Decades later, I am right.

Good samaritan
      Participant

Maddog my ex showed his violent streak quite early too. After initially telling me his mum and sister had died only to then find out a few years into our relationship they were actually alive. I can see now why his own family disowned him the way they did. He was/is rotten to the core. I’m just really hoping with counselling I can find the strength in me to fight for my future and the courage to take it to the courts x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content