Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mini mayhem
      Participant

I wake up in the morning the first thing I think of is him I go to bed at night the last thing I think about is him what is wrong with me not seen him for months now I really want to see him I heard jus voice today on phone to my son it made me miss him even more why di u still want home after his alcoholism and his abuse apparently he is so happy with his new girlfriend it really hurts what shall I do

KIP.
      Participant

Read about trauma bonding. Read the book ‘living with the dominator’ by Pat Craven. Let the brain chatter go on until your head works things through. If it gets too much tell yourself you will put an hour aside each day to allow your head to sort it all out. Or ping a rubber band on your wrist to distract your thoughts. I woke up every morning thinking of my ex. It’s natural. Contact your doctor or women’s aid to talk it through. Don’t believe anything you hear about his new gf. Tell yourself you don’t miss him, you miss the illusion he created when he wasn’t being abusive.
      Recovery is a real roller coaster. The book I recommend says they will buy aftershave, tidy themselves up, get a new gf and let you know. All designed to hook you back in. Don’t let him. Enjoy the peace, it will get better given time and no contact ❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content