Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazel
      Participant

After something very serious I left with my daughter after facades of abuse. Our life is upside down at the moment, we left our home, friends and some good memories too. He hasn’t contact us since only the day he found we are not at home. I am so scared of him and try to figure out of what his intentions are as this quite period is not as him. What do you think? ❤️

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Hazel

So sorry to hear this. I’m glad you managed to escape both of you to safety away from him. So sad though to have left your home, friends and memories.

Can you get help to get him removed, or is it his house?

I would change and/or block his number and all social media, so that he has no option to contact you, which puts you back in control of your life. Then you won’t be spending so much time occupied with thoughts of it, as you will have stopped all avenues of contact from him, which is what you need…space.

Try to focus on making some enquiries about your next steps, and your life.

warmest wishes

ts

Hazel
      Participant

Thank you and yes I change my phone number. It is difficult time time for us but I am not under such stress as I was for yes, feeling emotionally free and happy I managed to do it. He is begging me for coming back but I do not believe in any of his word any more 💕

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi, it is good you are trusting yourself. You are very brave, well done for getting you and your daughter away from his abuse, he will not change, he may lie and say absolutely ANYTHING to get you back in contact wit him.

This is the most dangerous time for you, when women leave their abusers is when their abusers up their abuse. Do not trust anything you hear about him, trust yourself. When I separated from my husband he said he was suicidal, depressed, he said a close relative had died .. he told Me a pack of lies! At first I was terrified he would kill himself, then I learnt it is best to dial 999 and tell the police I am worried for his welfare, suddenly he wasn’t suicidal and I was the ‘mad’ one (I have since learned that this is a common tactic from abusers).

Stay safe and keep trusting yourself, you have got this ❤

Hazel
      Participant

OMG this is so true, he already said he wants me back, he is depressed, he hasn’t sleep and eat for a few days and call my name in very nice way, the name he never called me for the decades. I have never seen him like this, begging me to come back, but I do not believe in any of his words. Thanks to the forum I managed to escape as by reading all the posts I knowledge myself the way he treated me was completely unexeptable. Thank you all❤💕

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hazel you are doing amazing, and being so strong!

You are not believing him and his words and I’m so glad you have read enough on the forum to see the signs of his unacceptable behaviour.

amazing.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content