Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      2BFree
      Participant

Well it’s been a real roller coaster the last few months but I did it. I stood up to him, I gave evidence against him. I had a really tough time but he was found guilty! It has to have been the most awful experience of my life giving evidence against my husband who I think I will always love but I did it and I’m so glad that parts over!!
      Thank you all for your support and kind words,I have struggled so much with this and been pulled through some of my darkest times by you all.
      I hope you are all doing well and now some of the worst time is past for me I hope to find the strength to rebuild my life
      Stay strong all of you x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

Congratulations!

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. I recently got a guilty verdict too. I stood up to him. Held him accountable. Which he never ever thought I could do. Can’t sleep tonight. Still have anxiety because his abuse still goes on. Just indirectly now. And refusing to sort finances and divorce. Main thing is everybody knows he’s a monster and I was believed👍👍👍

Confused123
      Participant

Well done hun, so proud of you and so pleased for u , please post when ever u need to , is so nice to hear how old members r doing and how they progressing , gives us all strength to carry out with our statements.

Ayanna
      Participant

Congratulations to all of us! Let’s show them that they cannot get away with abusing us! We put them in their places. Wonderful! Patriarchy can get lost!

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Amazing 2bfree! I can remember how terrified you once were and now look at you! I’m so happy and hope you feel suitably proud of yourself. Here’s to freedom and a wonderful new life for you x*x

2BFree
      Participant

Thanks everyone! It’s been such a long journey, and I couldn’t have done it alone… I still have a long way to go, so many years of misery to unpick and find a way to put myself back together but I’m getting there!
      I still have to see him at family court and we are waiting for cafcass to finish their report on where the children should stay… it’s so difficult and he still does silly things to show he is in control but he is slowly running of steam.
      Hugs to you all x*x

Serenity
      Participant

So proud of you! Well done, and keep going x*x

White Rose
      Participant

Just caught up on this. Good news and well done for going through with court x*x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content