Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

My fighting and threatening them to complain higher and higher brought me a result.
      I am on the waiting list for a therapy.
      I have no idea what kind of therapy it will be. Hopefully not a useless one. They did not tell me how long I have to wait. I expect to wait long.
      In the meantime I keep suffering in silence, trying to be strong beyond my abilities, feeling constantly exhausted.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi Ayanna,

Thats great you have got yourself on the therapy waiting list for therapy. Is there anything else you can do to in the meantime, like find a domestic abuse support group locally and/or a course like the freedom programme? There is an organisation near me who have things like this running and I’m attending these whilst on the therapy waiting list. I’m so glad to have found them. I just did tonnes of google searching and made lots of phonecalls and have found these things so maybe you could try that? Just keep ringing, there is support out there it’s just hard to find sometimes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That is great news and I hope that the therapy works for you. It is the waiting that makes everything worse, I’ve never felt like this before & don’t know what to do for the best. Whilst people are good at saying get on with your life, they do not understand that we are trying to but at lots of different angles feel frozen in time, blocked by not knowing what to do, how or when to do it & also of like me suffering severe anxiety, depression & ptsd or cptsd my energy levels are so low that I struggle getting the simplest of things done. Good luck with therapy I have everything crossed for you xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content