Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

I have finally unburdened myself. It’s a positive thing but it’s something I’ve been carrying for over 2 decades so it feels dirty that someone knows something so private about me but it’s a step I had to take so I’m glad it’s out of the way

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. It will get easier. It was never your shame to carry 💕

hop
      Participant

I was a bit mean saying that invalidated my feelings. I’m not at a place where I can think that to be honest. I feel really sick. I had to do it though 😢 I am kind of proud of myself for doing it but it’s mixed with feeling like what happened not that much of a big deal so I’m blowing things out of proportion. I need these feelings to go though. I’ve hid them for too long 💖

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done. That’s a huge step. Shame is a huge, horrible feeling. It’s very brave of you to push through that feeling and bring what needs to be brought out to the light into the light. That way it can lose its hold in us. Yes it was never our shame but somehow my abusers managed to transfer ur in to me. It’s great progress and so healing to bring the buried stuff to the surface. You’re so brave and courageous for persevering in wanting to recover and heal ‘yourself’

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content