Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      oaktree
      Participant

I rang them, I was on the phone for an hour. jeez it feels weird, I have a strange mix of feeling strong and positive, and really really guilty

KIP.
      Participant

Well done. Guilt is a strong tool the abuser uses as control so don’t fall for it. All you’re doing is exploring your options. Gathering support. Gathering knowledge. Evening up the playing field.

ISOPeace
      Participant

Yay, well done you! KIP is right, the guilt is part of what keeps you stuck in the abuse. Remember the guilt is lying to you. The strong positive feeling is telling you the truth! Xxxx

gettingtired
      Participant

It seems like such a small thing but it takes huge bravery to make those calls, well done to you xx

oaktree
      Participant

they are sending me a door jammer with an alarm so i can put that under a door if i need to hide in a room. and they can assign me an outreach worker

KIP.
      Participant

It was women’s aid who totally saved me. My outreach worker was amazing. Ask yourself just how much you want to be in a relationship where you need a door jamb to keep yourself safe. I had a lock on my bedroom door to keep him out, like a panic room. I can’t believe I lived like that x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content