Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Emptyshell7
      Participant

I feel like giving up.
      Can’t call WA because he’s always around the house, and I don’t want to go outside and have a private phone all in public.
      I emailed but was directed to either call them, use this forum, or use web chat.
      Finally built the courage to use webchat as he’s gone upstairs for a work call and, after hovering my finger over ‘start chat’ for ages, finally hit the button. But the wait to speak to someone was too long and then the doorbell went, then he came back downstairs.

I’m typing all this out on my phone while he exercises next to me.

We both WFH all day everyday.

I don’t even know what I need from speaking to someone from WA. Just to be seen I guess, a bit of solidarity. Admitting out loud that my instinct is probably right.

Just feeling like it’s impossible to get help 😓

Bananaboat
      Participant

Oh bless you, that first call is a big hurdle but you’ll feel more in control when you make it. I drove to a supermarket car park and took a call before, then it’s still private and you have a cover story. What about going to talk to your GP? Or could you go into the office one day and do it then? Don’t give up! Refuge also have an online chat facility with different hours to Woman’s aid. If you explain in the email you can’t call they might be able to assist further

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Emptyshell7,

Thank you for sharing with us. Reaching out for support and talking about abuse takes a lot of courage so be proud of yourself for emailing Women’s Aid, posting on here and for connecting to the Live Chat service. You are already taking steps towards support. I am sorry you were unable to chat to someone on Live Chat this time but when it is safe to try again then please do. The Support Worker will understand how difficult it can be to reach out and talk about what is happening.

Keep posting here when you can, we are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Sunshines
      Participant

Hi

I feel this I’ve tried and tried so many times to get through and waited for someone anyone to listen. This is why this forum is so much help. After lame attempts of trying to get out I go around and around like a hamster on a wheel.
      I can’t believe I try to think I can help and change this man seriously. And yes when you need help it’s like you just want someone to confirm your not going crazy.
      I get the abuse switched on me then I think it’s me who’s abusing then I need help to speak to someone and it goes on and on. It’s like you can’t even think straight anymore. So bizarre. If your looking for help I hope you get it and reach out on here too. I find this forum my only and best point of help x*x

Dreamingoffreedom
      Participant

I knew I needed to confide and have for a while but that first step is so hard. I tried webchats too and just getting redirected and the thought of a phone call didn’t make me feel comfortable. Each time things were bad I would look into it snd as soon as he was okay would forget it. I’ve started counselling (only had one session)on a day I can get out of work early and he doesn’t realise. I thought I would bottle it but didn’t, think it means I am finally ready to start to make changes in my life. Sounds like you are too.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content