Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

I can’t even open up to him, it’s like he don’t get me anyway. He does his own thing makes me feel like he don’t care. Wish he would just understand my feelings.

Homesweethome
      Participant

Hi
      I know exactly where you are coming from. When your trying to get your point my across or voice your opinion it falls on deaf ears. He’s not interested in your view for the simple reason he believes he’s right about everything. He does care but only about himself. It’s taken me a lot of years to come to terms with the fact that the man I love only loves himself. I’ve left the chaos that I called my life. I’m back where I belong and I’m trying with the help of my family to start from scratch. It’s hard but I’m sure it will be worth it. Try writing things down just so it empties out your head. Hope things turn around for you x

Countrylass
      Participant

I’m feeling exactly like this too. I just gave him another chance. It lasted a day. Critiscm and bullying. Spiteful digs then laughing at my sensitivity. Started doing something together for the house and after an hour he got tetchy and had to ‘nip to shop’. He went to the pub. So I was left doing the job myself. For the millionth time. He came back from pub and couldn’t understand why I’d be fed up! Selfish.

Homesweethome
      Participant

Had a really c**p day. Agreed to go somewhere public for something to eat and try talk things through. Trying to get my point across is impossible and frustrating. He ended up raising his voice in middle of the pub. I felt so embarrassed and felt so sorry for the young man that had to clear our table. Trying to reason with him was most pointless exercise ever. He goes into the most childish mood raising his hand in front of my face 😡Talking over me.He asked me if I loved him and I said yes the problem is I love you to much. Why the hell do I give him chance after chance. Will he ever change?

Tiffany
      Participant

While you keep giving him chances he will never change. There isn’t any incentive. He enjoys abusing you. It makes him feel powerful. I spent years giving chances and hoping for change. Now that I have left, I still hope that he has changed – I hope my leaving has shocked him into recognising his abusive behaviour and made him get help to change. But I also know that there is a high chance he hasn’t changed. And that even if he has if I were to go back to him he would revert to abusing me within a month. Because he knows that he can, and he enjoys it. I would never go back though. Now that I have gotten away I can see clearly how he treated me, and I care for myself too much to ever go anywhere near him.

Anonymous
      Participant

I feel like I’m losing myself with him, not sleeping or eating when he himself is catching up on his sleep as he doesn’t work all the time and now he tells me he’s going to get food knowing I’m struggling to eat. I don’t think he understands how much he has actually impacted me. Yesterday I said I look awful and he said yeah you do. I have turned in to a mess. He said he’d stop the drinking as he use to be an alcoholic but then I could smell alcohol on him yesterday he said his feiend spilt it I just don’t know what to believe. I just want to give up. Carrying on going to work is so difficult when there’s all this going on in my life.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content