Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      solivagant
      Participant

I have a child with my ex. As of yet hes not tried to gain contact and his family have let us be so I thought we were going to be okayy I thought we were finally safe but a family member of his came to my house with a note saying they wanted to be part of the babys life… I thought at 1st they were just being nice but after the reading the note. It has definitely been worded by my ex so now I trust the family even less (I didn’t have a relationship with the family before I left) and I can’t stop shaking and!! now I don’t know what to do. I feel bad because it’s not their fault but at the same time I absloutly do not trust them to keep my baby safe!! I so badly want to rip up the note have huge breakdown and then forget about it. But as a single mum I can’t do that I have to be strong. Am I doing the right thing to ignore the letter? Does it need some response. I just don’t know….

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, take some deep breaths. You’re both safe and you have the right to decide who you allow in both of your lives. I’d ignore the letter in the meantime. Don’t put anything in writing as it may be used against you. As in acknowledgement of relations etc.Personally I’d ignore it and hope they get the message. If they continue to contact you I’d speak to the police. If you don’t wish any contact with them then it’s your right to do so. There’s nothing wrong with that and I’d be doing the same. I found out much to my cost that blood is thicker than water and they will side with him x

solivagant
        Participant

I’ve been trying to move but it’s so hard to find somewhere affordable! I hate that they know where I live its like their taunting me… everytime I start to relax him and the family are right back

KIP.
      Participant

Try to remember you’re the one in charge here. You’re the decision maker. They have no right. Are you the resident parent in the eyes of the law?

solivagant
      Participant

Yes. He’s not on the birth certificate so he has no legal claim to her at all unless he goes to court

KIP.
      Participant

Well done you 💪. Sounds like you’re doing everything you can. Don’t engage with these people. If you accept them as related to your child it gives him evidence for court x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content