Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

I stopped him from seeing our daughter through his lack of care for her when she was substantially injured in his care (detail removed by moderator). He refused to acknowledge any neglect or to assure me it wouldn’t happen again. He’s simply bombarded me with threats to make false allegations to social services, threats to have my children taken away, sent me insults, tells me I’m (detail removed by moderator), has said that my mum does more for my children than I do (she simply looks after them whilst I work- I (detail removed by moderator)).. he now even (detail removed by moderator) me sending these emails. He really doesn’t believe I’m capable of thinking for myself. My mums had no hand in any of the contact with him, I wouldn’t subject her to that.
      He’s threatened to take me to court but I’ve contacted mediation. They have suggested it may not be able to go ahead because a risk assessment would need to take place. He’s threatened to turn up at mine and my parents house and to simply take my child.
      I never wanted to permanently stop access, I just wanted to know she was safe in his care and he refuses to assure me of this or to talk about any of my concerns.
      I have tried to not put anything too personal here so I’m hoping this won’t be deleted.

Catjam
      Participant

Hi, I think you are doing everything right to protect your children. It’s another way of controlling you because he knows you will do anything to keep your child safe. Mine are all grown up now but when they were younger the only thing stopping me from harming myself was the thought of leaving them totally with him.
      I think you need to follow your instinct on this one, especially if there was physical violence towards you.
      I know kids have accidents all the time, mine did some pretty daft stuff growing up but clearly you are worried these weren’t accidents. No-one can protect them 100% of the time but can ensure that risks are minimised.
      Threats to take them are a way of putting you on edge. Maybe its time to have the risk assessment done.

Mine also thinks I am incapable of independent thought. They underestimate us.

Sorry if my advice is a little lacking in proper help. I’m sure there are plenty of ladies who have more experience.
      Take care xx

Starmoon
        Participant

Thank you, I really appreciate your reply, it’s not lacking at all xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content