Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

I’ve got therapy twice a week and it’s half term. I’m exhausted from juggling kids, a move, court stuff, trauma therapy, seeing someone for the 1st time in a very, very long time. I usually self harm to cope but there’s no way I can leave marks but anything else is pretty serious, apparently. Last week was a pretty awful week but there’s a couple more ahead for me before I can even think about anything. I need a good night’s sleep but who knows when that could happen.

KIP.
      Participant

Break it down to bite sizes. Anything not urgent can wait. Put off the meeting. Do a list of the most important and stick to only the most urgent. It can be overwhelming. I limited myself to three things a day. Until I got my head straight. Maybe drop one session this week. Pace yourself x

KIP.
      Participant

Try a positive mantra. “I am strong and I can cope”
      “I will pace myself and get through this for my kids”
      “I won’t be defeated, I will keep going, I will get through this”
      Think of something that you can use when you’re feeling low. We dig deep when we need to. I’ve seen me so exhausted I’ve had to crawl. But I’m free now. Keep imaging a life free from abuse and settled somewhere peaceful. Have a goal, and stick to it x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content