Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ocean
      Participant

I’m heartbroken about the affect my ex has had being the father of my children, but just as heartbroken about my kids not having their father in their lives. Writing the first part was difficult as I struggle to accept how he is and what he has done. I also have a romanticised view of him. There are good memories. Many good memories. I almost want to think maybe the good outweighed the bad, and maybe the bad wasn’t that bad. But while I shared a home with him, I didn’t feel that way. I shudder at the reality.

Please comment if you understand how I feel.

Eyeswideopen
      Participant

Yes very much me these days.
      Just feel sorry for the loss.
      I dont think the good outweighed the bad but it’s sad that to get rid of the bad, you need to also give up on the good. When things are quiet I just remember the good moments more and I feel sad he now resents everything.
      I lost my dad young so I hoped my kids would enjoy happy years with a dad figure and it saddens me they got “this”…

Lostnalone
      Participant

With u both on this one!! I’m gutted he’s gone,I had a home,good job working with him,I was financially safe!! However didn’t stop the daily screams in my face,the holding of the neck,never seeing friends or family making u feel ur cracking up!! Then that 1 too far and I’m out at last!! Gutted but safe!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content