Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Put the kettle on
      Participant

I knew I couldn’t carry on in the relationship and so have ended it with him.
      My feelings are all over the place, I feel such sadness for all the things he promised me, the expectations of how we’d be. I know he’s bad for me but I still miss him, i still want to be with him. I hurt so much. I know its what had to be done.
      He’s already with someone else, seems there was an overlap in relationships.
      I feel a bit lost

Eclipsed
      Participant

Firstly, I want to say I admire the courage and strength it must have taken to do what you knew was right for you. You deserve to feel cherished within any relationship and you’ve seen that you deserve that which is such a huge step forward.

I think it’s perfectly natural to feel the sadness, its a form of grieving isn’t it when a relationship comes to an end, even one we know isn’t good for us. We mourn the potential of what we felt it could have become. But you know what it would have become would have been bad for you so despite the pain you removed that from your life. It may not seem like it right now but I hope in time you’ll be so proud of yourself for realising you deserve the best life can offer you.

The fact he has found another relationship, especially if they overlapped, reinforces your decision that you did the right thing. Give yourself the time you need to recover from this, always be gentle with yourself xx

Bananaboat
      Participant

Huge well done, it’s so hard as we really cling to that glimmer of hope of what could’ve been but you’ve done the right thing. Be kind to yourself, all break ups are hard. xx

Put the kettle on
      Participant

Thank you for your support ladies.
      He did future fake and I fell for it, I noticed quite quickly though he didn’t mean what he said. I’d already wrote down the things he said and did that were abusive/controlling, it’s surprising how they add up.
      I was previously in an abusive relationship and that time I didn’t tell my friends etc, this time I spoke of my concerns to them straight away.
      It’s strange how they integrate themselves into our lives so it seems like a big gap when they’re gone

nbumblebee
      Participant

As hard as it must have been to me it sounds like you learned feom your previous relationship spotted the signs and did all you could to protect yourself none of this is your fault and you shoukd feel proud of yourself for having the knowledge strength and courage to leave. Now time for you allpw yourself to heal once again be kind to yourself and be proud sweetie be really proud you are amazing xxxxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content