Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

My (removed by moderator) neighbour keeps putting his refuse in my front garden on collection day and then the bin men do not collect my refuse. I am so angry, I could yell and kick the bins in the air. It takes me so much strength to not show any anger. I cannot hold it any more. I can go off any second and yell the whole neighbourhood down.
      I am so angry that I shiver and I am unable to send an email to the useless council, who should look after this man.
      PTSD is horrible. It cripples me.

godschild
      Participant

Hi, sorry you are struggling so much in so many areas, sendingt a hug. Would it be worth putting a large note on the neighbours bins to say that they are not yours but belong to thim and can they take yours, the council tend to be so half soaked in these matters it may just help you x*x

SaharaD
      Participant

Yup I’ve got bin issues too now.

I don’t know if you have numbers on your wheelie bin. Sometimes that helps.

Maybe write him an anonymous letter about rubbish placement on the side of the pavement.

If its really bad, think about enclosing your front garden with a tall thick fast growing hence or completely with fencinc and a locked gate.

My new neighbours have ”helpfully”(un) labelled our communal bins as one for their household alone and one for two ( me and the other flat) households.

They are not used to living in communal flats. Used to living in their own house with their own wheelie bin. It is not difficult for me. I’ll just put my bag on the side walk on bin day.

In addition to having MH condition, your neighbour probably thinks your front garden is communal when it isn’t. Sometimes you have to ignore, sometimes you have to point out and sometimes you have to bang down the council doors.

Probably not best to scream and shout (then neighbours might give you an ASBO) or kick the bins ( it will hurt and you might break your foot)

As my Dad would say ”I’m not increasing my blood pressure over this so I get a heart attack or stroke.”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content