Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Moonwalker
      Participant

This is my first post. It’s been (detail removed by moderator) but these last few weeks have just spiralled! I’m lost, lonely, ashamed, feel belittled and humiliated and the feelings are just not subsiding in fact they are consuming me. I’ve already been (detail removed by moderator), bringing with it massive humiliation having to talk to complete strangers about the cruel, vindictive, obscene things he subjected me to. The embarrassment it’s going to bring doesn’t bear thinking about (detail removed by moderator) made to feel dirty and wrong scares me beyond words. I couldn’t tell my family and close friends over (detail removed by moderator) so how am I expected to talk about it. Like I said I’m drowning. I’m so sorry.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi just wanted to show you some support and say I totally understand.
      I am no contact for a few months and have crashed into a very deep pit. I also have (detail removed by moderator). It is not as advanced as yours but I have had to hand over (detail removed by moderator). I haven’t even told them about some of the most intimate embarrassing stuff yet. Feel like my inner soul has been exposed to total strangers. I agree about the humiliation.
      Do you have support from Victim Support for your area? Also a worker from your local DA? They can help you by providing practical information and support. My very rural area is pretty hopeless, but most parts of the country have better support available.
      I hope the officer in the case is supportive and keeps you informed. If not, then speak to Victim Support for them to intervene for you. Do you have an IDVA? Some areas have them for DA survivors , in others they are only for the most vulnerable, depending on resources.
      WA are also helpful if you livechat them for support and any queries. If you have a concern about the law then Rights of Women have a free legal advice line.
      Do you have any counselling arranged?
      Sending support x

Moonwalker
      Participant

Hi Marmot,
      Thank you for your support. I have an amazing lady who is my victim support and without her I would have been completely lost. My parents are struggling to understand and I struggle to lean on my friends. I’ve been a closed book for so long I’m not sure I know how to open up.
      It feels odd talking to strangers but even though our stories are different we are all drawn together for the same reason. After hitting rock bottom I have been offered counselling through Women’s Aid and my victim support lady is referring me to attend a support group. Thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content