Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      just breathing
      Participant

My husband is playing such games, telling kids lies and saying I’m mental if I stick up for myself. Throws cushions or trylies to play fight with kids if I’m giving them a hug. Every time I say something he checks it on internet to check it’s right and says I’m wrong if I’m not. He undermines me snd makes me into nothing constantly.

He has turned kids against me and showered them even when my daughter calls me dumb arse and b***h and she now says I’m mental.

I’ve akways done my best but feel like giving up right now.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hang on in there; please don’t give up. You can get through this. Believe me it won’t always be like this for you. This is a horrible time though I remember it well and I was weakened and beat down especially when some of my children children became his mouthpieces and my daughter was screaming b***h at me and I hate you (she was just a teenager) and she had the same look of hostility and hate in her voice that he had. I felt full of terror that my beautiful daughter that I loved so much was being emotionally alienated from me. But this didn’t happen. When I got away from living with him my relationship with my children improved and it’s nothing like before.

When I picked my daughters up from school I would say in a calm voice that their behavior was unacceptable and they would never talk to their teachers or friends like that. I had to let go of their response but keep telling them it wasn’t right to speak to me like that and it hurt when they did.
      Please keep posting and working on a plan to get him out of ur life.

just breathing
      Participant

Thank you fir your support – it is very hard and all I do is hurt . He just uses children to hurt me all of the time, when he is not around it is so different .

I need to hang on for them but I feel so
      Drained emotional and physical

KIP.
      Participant

Please contact your local women’s aid for support. Speak to your GP and ring the helpline on here. You’re going to need help to get out of this situation. He’s brainwashing your children. Abuse always gets worse and you sound so low and victimised it’s often incredibly difficult to see a way out. That’s where talking about it with professionals will help x

Dragon
      Participant

I can relate to some of this. Call your local Domestic Abuse service, they can advise, and hang on in there, you sound like such a strong Mum, your kids will know this deep down. I know you feel like giving up, I totally understand that but keep at it, seek support from here, keep posting and reading and contact WA and your local service. It might help to keep a journal of what is happening, this can help you to see patterns and help to make you realise that it isn’t you, you’re not going crazy xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content