Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am in this relationship and I feel so alone. I can talk to him all day but somehow still end up feeling hurt. I feel he has made me so paranoid and I am struggling to trust him. I want to get out but I feel I’m making excuses for him and feeling sorry for him. Does anyone else feel this way? I was in an abusive relationship before which was worser than the one I am in now I managed to leave him but for some reason I have become immune to abuse it is like it is normal to me I even apologise after he has hurt me or shouted at me how is this even possible.

Chickadee
      Participant

You have been conditioned to accept the abuse and/or justify it for the abuser. Your conditioned to the environment of abuse, the environment an abuser creates.

If you can not talk with someone without feeling hurt and you can not trust someone, there is a problem.

Because of the above, it is even more pertinent that you get out. And you already know this, or you would not be on here.

Here for you when you need to talk. Hugs.

Chickadee

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content