Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

I feel like I am dealing with my pain and stress alone mentally and physically my mind and body is drained. Everyday I am in pain. I feel like my partner does not understand. I need him so much and it hurts me that I’m having to do this alone. I don’t want to feel this way.the stress makes my pain worse and all I do is cry all day as I can’t take the fact I am on my own with it and feeling like he is not caring enough.

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sorry to say but he is the source of the pain. Until you get rid of the source, you’re only dealing with the symptoms and nothing will change for you.

Anonymous
      Participant

I am currently really unwell that’s the reason for the pain I just thought at this time he would be supportive and here for me but it just seems to me like everything else in his life is important and everything is about him. Telling me he is going to go to a party etc and other things whilst I am unable to do anything. I just want to cry I thought he is meant to be a partner. 🙁

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sorry to hear you are unwell. This is the time where a good partner would help you out. An abuser sees this as a weakness and an opportunity to take advantage for his own selfish reasons. The mental anguish he causes you often shows itself as physical symptoms. It often makes any physical illnesses worse because of the stress. I had a heart monitor because of my racing heart which was actually panic attacks from his behaviour. An overactive thyroid because of the abuse. My hair began to fall out. From what you’ve told us on here. He is a typical abuser and he will suck the life from you just like an emotional vampire. I was much better off on my own than I ever was with my ex. My illnesses cleared up, my hair grew in thicker, I walked taller, my headaches disappeared. Can you imagine later in life with this man when he cannot even help you when you’re in pain now. Work on freeing yourself from him. You deserve better x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content