Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sweet4
      Participant

I am looking into a Non Molestation order, like i did nearly 3 years ago, but, he pays the mortgage and all the bills, do you think that’s low? xx

minimeerkat
      Participant

just my thoughts
      does who pays what really matter at all when someone is having to do what they need to do to keep themselves safe? x

sweet4
      Participant

Mmmmmmmm x

browneyedmum
      Participant

Hi @sweet4 !

I’m facing similar and decided to just put it down for today and consult my domestic abuse support person again tomorrow, alongside with a couple of trusted friends.

My ex and I don’t have a mortgage, but he’s trying to get out of paying his part of the bills in this house where his children are most of the time.

On top of that, I believe he’s financially abusing a vulnerable relative.

And I want to report the financial abuse, but of course, I don’t want it to come across as ‘retaliation’.

So yeah, its sometimes tough to think through and make the best decisions there.

In my case, on one hand, safeguarding that vulnerable relative is no longer my responsibility. On the other hand, its a vulnerable relative and by principle, I should be acting on that.

However the consequences for me may be great because it wouldn’t take my ex very long to figure out who made the report.

So if I do it, it might need to be in coordination with a non-mol and/or occupation order… because his wrath will be great. It would put his new job at risk, etc. And is that ultimately the outcome that I’d like?

Its a lot to weigh and balance xX.

sweet4
      Participant

TO much to think about, i will call (detail removed by Moderator) on the morning, if they are open, i just keep chasing them xx

browneyedmum
        Participant

Absolutely. Do it in your own time and in your own space. Consult a lot. Figure out what you can do there.

And most importantly, stay safe xX.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content