Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Thisisme
      Participant

I’m feeling really low.
      I have just looked through all of our old photos of us and the kids and they are all so bright and happy. How the f**k did it come to this? I know he treated me badly and I know he didn’t respect me but the kids have lost so much and I’ve lost my family. Being a single mum is hard and lonely. Sometimes I think it is just best to get back with him, it’ll be easier than being lonely. I know this isn’t true.
      We used to go out and take the kids on adventures and have fun but once the doors were closed it was generally a different story. But the bad things slowly leave you and you’re left with all the happy memories, these hurt the most. You want to forget the good times and focus on the bad to keep you strong and to keep you away but all the smiles, the cuddles, the laughter come to the fore front. They haunt me. They make me want him.
      I f*****g hate this.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi thisisme

I totally understand where you are coming from i was a stepmum to my ex kids i loved them like my own .but my ex did not want nothing to do with my family … i know now i was just used abd abused by him . It dont stop the pain though . We deserve to be loved and respected not lied too

Chin up hun better times are coming i hope

C

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

In time you realize the pain is not worth it , try and not look at the photos, i had to hide mine to stop myself, remind yourself why u left

Nova
      Participant

Thisisme…it’s bleep tough isn’t it!
      We are with you, & no doubt other ladies have the same thoughts and feelings, myself included. Have to sometimes take off my ‘happy times specs’ myself, and read a couple of his nasty emails give myself a reality check..

..as you say it’s a different story in reality.

Keep posting we are here to support each other
      Cx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content