Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

After leaving my ex months ago! My old boss has emailed me stating he’s still working .and she seen his ugly mug!! … Iam suffering really bad …iam still on police safe gaurding!! While police build up a case .. you think he would go in hiding after what he did to me I feel physically sick

Confused123
      Participant

HI HUn

SEnding hug to u , these men mess so much with our heads and do what they want, sadly they do hide for while and sometimes just continue life as normal , my ex started wortking away when i was in process of relocating but has now decided to stay in that same town we used to live togehter. Your main prioroity should be that he just doesnt find out where u live and that u r safe . they will do things just to frustate us

Anonymous
      Inactive

Iam in a really bad place today .. don’t know how I carry on tbh .it’s so hard to move forward

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Iamfree,

I just wanted to show you some support. Please be kind to yourself. Hearing about him has no doubt set your recovery back, that’s why although your boss meant to tell you about him in a kind way, it can be very damaging to have any news of an abuser at all. He will be carrying on like nothing has happened because he is a abuser and has probably not even acknowledged that he has done any thing wrong. In his abusive mind he will still be maintaining that it was your fault and you deserved it. It wasn’t and you don’t!! Please do not try to understand and abusive mind as it will not be possible. Be kind to yourself, reach out to some support from your local Women’s Aid group and the helpline and wait for these overwhelming feelings to pass. You are a strong person and you are doing great. It might be good for you to tell everyone that you do not wish to hear anything about him as every time you do it is damaging for you.

We are all here for you so please keep posting.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Lisa for your support .. iam fighting all the way I keep telling myself I won’t let him win!!! Xx I’ve been a warrior from a very young age .. all I want is to be loved Lisa .. all I’ve had is abuse … Why me lisa why me .. I’ve got a heart of gold and its been ripped out 😥😥😥😥😥😥

Confused123
      Participant

Hey HUn

I think lisa has worded it perfectly, dont be so hard on yourself , any news about the ex can trigger us off, it takes me a few days to get my head around after i hear any thing , none of us deserve to be treated like the way we were sadly our heartsa do get ripped out, have u had any counselling to help you recover, as much as i want some one to love me , i have to love myself first too, i think u need to focus on yourself and rediscovering yourself and setting clear boundaries for yourself

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hey IamFree, never forget how far you have come – you are an amazing woman and you know the warrior is still fighting. You can get through this, it’s just a wobble and we all have them. Can you give the helpline a call just for a bit of support?

Hang in there hun.

xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content