Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

The fact that I received another typical text “I don’t know how to approach you any more…” I will stop there, boring and pathetic.
      It almost makes me feel like I am relaying to an Agony Aunt magazine, so I am sorry for posting this.
      But then he describes something else and also says he has gone to get some…(alcohol).
      Now I have to decide if I stay with my kids or go to my friend’s…
      I don’t want to be on the receiving end of a man who drinks on an empty stomach. I know what he does to get his “fix”, he eats nothing all day so that the alcohol reaches his brain very quickly. I dont like it. If I say something it will degenerate.
      I cleaned up the mess left by …and I will assess in a little while what I will do.
      I shouldn’t have to feel this way.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

I think u r experiencing trauma bonding, he knows exactly what he is doing by sending u messages like that, as hard as it is try to ignore him and do not reply to him , he is trying to get a reaction out of u. Please post as musch as u need to

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

So good at keeping us on a knife edge. As con123 trauma bonding, mine made me like a rabbit caught in the headlights, unable to make decisions so I stayed put.

I found it hard to stop replying to texts and I was worried what the fall out would be when I got home but there was none.

Keep posting it will give you strength to decide what you want to do.

FS xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content