Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Overcome
      Participant

I haven’t posted in a while, I have been on complete denial.

I am so fed up with myself for putting up with him. Things are just getting worse and worse and although I know the tricks he is playing, it still gets me shook.

I feel so hopeless sometimes, but now it has come to a head again, I realise now that things really will never change and nothing is worth living in misery, nothing!

I called WA and finally left a voicemail, they are super quick at getting back to you! She said everything I already knew, and gave me details for some local places to reach out to.

The finish line isn’t near yet, but I am still running towards it.

With love,

Overcome x

keepmovingfoward
      Participant

Good for you on making the first steps honey.
      Its always difficult making those first few connections for help as the victims we are often invalidated by the people we approach.
      thankfully WA are amazing.
      they really helped turn my life around

keepmovingforward xx

well done, overcome. (the clue is in the name…)

Ladies on here so proud of you.

there is a better life ahead…

ftc
      x

AlwaysSorry
      Participant

Hi there overcome, the clue is indeed in the name ftc 🙂

Sounds like you reached your enough is enough moment which is an incredibly big step to take, and you’ve followed that up by reaching out to WA, too – another big step! Well done you! It’s certainly a process but it’s good that you have kicked it off by getting help from the right people and organisations as well so you can safely escape and live your life in peace from him.

Keep posting, keep taking those steps 🙂

Overcome
      Participant

Thank you so much ladies.

I am coming to the bitter realisation that he is what he is, and no amount of denial will ever change that.

I am massively grieving for the life I built with him. Literally everything else is perfect, except our relationship… its a bitter pill to swallow…

With love,

Overcome x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Overcome, well done.💪💞 It’s a huge step, but with meticulous planning you can do this. I liken my escape to a military operation, I had everything in place, had been planning for months, though at times it really didn’t feel it.I’m out, not long, but I’m out. I’m getting the promises to change, he didn’t know what he was doing, he’ll see someone etc. He’s actually got an appt.to see someone, will see how it goes. He may be lying, I no longer trust him.
      So well done, once you truly make the decision to end your relationship, be aware that it might happen pretty quickly. From my visit to WA to leaving and having somewhere to go was about a month all in. Some circumstances, it will be quicker, others, not so. Just be prepared. That last month my mantra was, don’t think just do!
      Best wishes
      IWMB 💞💞

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I was once where you are. Everything was perfect except our relationship. It’s the relationship that should be at the core. I had the perfect life from an outside view. But remember you built this life despite being involved with an abuser. Imagine what you can build without him trying to topple you x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content