Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      journeyupwards
      Participant

I need to stay away from abusive men, but I find myself following a pattern and going back to them. I’ve left all my old abusive partners for good, but I keep meeting new abusive men that I’m drawn to and have to force myself away.

KIP.
      Participant

At least you recognise the pattern. Have you ever had counselling? It would really help to understand where this all comes from. What you feel you need from these relationships. We are drawn to what feels familiar and maybe it’s far too familiar for you. Give yourself some time before dating again. Time to find your own needs and hobbies and things solely for you. I’m dating myself, it’s great. I buy myself things I like, I see movies I like, I have meals and go places I like. Maybe eventually someone will fit in my life but I’m not fitting into someone else’s life again.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content