Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Since he nearly died, he has not spoken to me, it’s so strange. The children dont spend much time with him either. Our younger child definitely seems happy to be with me, enjoys the normal things I do or say and we interact really well. He looks after me too, I had pains…(can’t say) and he looked after me, he comes and says goodnight to me in my bedroom and speaks about the things he wants etc.
      He watches how little interaction his dad has with anyone. He watches me struggle with everything causing me to overstretch myself and never stop.
      So I cried and shouted to this man how much longer am I expected to carry on doing the lot? No reply, blank stare, I ask again later, blank stare, I asked for one type of professional to be sorted and still no movement.
      So I rang myself and told him, I got told off.
      He commandeers the tv, watches the same stuff all the time, we dont get asked, we dont get invited to watch something together as a family, he refuses to eat or drink.
      I reported his attitude of …to my dv lady who is passing it on to SS.
      I told him to give me permission to …and again the stupidity starts…

Dear Bridget, so sorry to hear about this, i know when someone gives you the silent treatment or grey rock which is a close cousin, its really painful. I do hope that you get all of this sorted, i far prefer with absolutely no doubt, living alone. XXXXXXXX

godschild
      Participant

So awful to have to live like this, Ive had this at times , he ignores me and then If I asked something all I got was why are you talking to me, its not been for long periods of time or too often but I do have an inklin to what it feels like, silence is a form of abuse xxxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content