Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I am going thought a stressful time not just with my partner but with other things to .I cant go in to detail but when my partner here something that is stressful he has to go on and on about it but that’s not going to solve the problem by giveing me a headache going on and on about this certain stress that we have ongoing it is geting me down but I dont want to talk about it because it makes things worse my partner nows what his doing he said his minds gone I dont think there any excuse to go on and on he makes me feel nervous when he goes on I can see him geting angury and here his voice tone go louder . I try not to lissen to him but it’s really hard when he wants me to communicate with him . I wish life was better for me I have a frew stress in my life and it makes my partner get annoyed about other stress we have . I really dont now what I do with my self when his going on and on

KIP.
      Participant

I had a headache for two years because of the abuse. He is the cause. He chooses to abuse you and he knows exactly how damaging it is to you and it won’t stop until you’re away from him completely.

Rosemary
      Participant

I am sorry to here that Kip I really feel for you liveing in abusive relationship is a horrible thing ever . I agree with you he will not stop untill I get out i wish I was not scared one mint I want to leave next minet I get scared again.

gettingtired
      Participant

Mine will start getting angry and aggressive about a certain stress (that isn’t about me) but will make me uncomfortable and start almost directing this anger towards me. Then I’m feeling on edge even though what he’s annoyed about isn’t to do with me if that makes sense.
      That’s why I found this forum in the first place as I realised I was starting to feel really anxious and nervous around him when he would start getting angry about something else. I knew when he started up it wouldn’t be much longer until that anger would get directed at me and it’s the same now. It’s very draining isn’t it?
      Kip’s right, it’s only going to stop when we are away from them and they’re out of our lives for good. I understand how hard it is to leave though Rosemary, I’m the same as you; one minute I hate him and just want a life away from him, the next minute I feel sad and like I couldn’t cope without him being in my life.
      Sending you a virtual hug xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello gettingtired

Every word you wrote there in your comment I am haveing the same experience with my partner I understand how you are feeling I feel the same way when his takeing stress out on me when its got nothing to do with me it makes my heart go fast with pupltatons because I just now what his like when he gets abusive and aggressive its horrible thoe and this should never happen when his abusive and aggressive I just want to run away then I get scared to leave . Like you said there days they are being nice it makes us feel we want to stay with me I cant take his nice side because when he gets abusive and aggressive controling it takes the nice side away from him. Everything is just hurting me we will both get there my lovely it just will take time .

Sending you hugs xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content