Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

So I guess I was the one to blame, been out of the relationship for a while now but being told by my daughter that I’m putting words into her mouth and making stuff up. If he wasn’t the only one thinking I’m the problem it must just be something I cant see. Life is too hard and when theres a glimire of light it goes

KIP.
      Participant

Sadly your daughter has been influenced by his abuse also. You know the truth, you lived the truth and how she perceives events is how she can live with what happened x hold onto the truth like a rock in a choppy sea x write down the events that happened and that will be a reminder when you doubt yourself x

Emptybutfree
      Participant

It is not you!

We try and protect our children the best we can from abuse, it’s not always possible.

It sounds as though your daughter is trying to process the facts that she’s aware of.

As a mother, we try not to press our feelings on to our children but they feel everything.

If your daughter is of an appropriate age and your deem it appropriate, id sit her down and explain. I did this with one of my children as I knew he was struggling to process what was happening. – it helped.

We don’t want to hurt our children by making them aware of the extent of abuse we’ve been subjected to and some children are far too young to understand and process it, but to sit with your daughter, reassure her and make her aware of the situation without going in to lots of detail can sometimes help.

If your daughter is still in school, it may be a good idea to speak to her school to see if there’s any support they can offer.

Don’t be so hard on yourself, you’re not alone.

Sending big hugs to you xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content