Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

U are out of the situation the more u see the real evil in them the liar. The persuader the headworker and so on. And especially coming on this forum reading other posts makes u realise yeh these monsters are all the same cos that’s what they are monsters…..x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi bd

Yes that’s what shocked me the most how these abusers do all the same things.

It’s not, creed, religion or class based. Awful that one human being can do it to another. But as you say they monsters.

FS

Serenity
      Participant

Yes, this is the double-edged sword that is no contact. Only by being away from them does it become clear who they really are. You only heal by being away from then, but it’s a painful process too, realising who they really are.

But it’s process that works, however hard it is at first. Because soon enough, the sadness and longing you feel for them, the disbelief that they can really be that bad, the hurt, the yearning for them to change and love you and your children- it replaced with a realisation of their ugly manipulativeness, complete selfishness, shallowness and lack of humanity/ abd honestly, you stop thinking of them as so important- you see them as weak and vile,and the emotional bonds disappear.

Someone once told me that I would one day feel nothing for him. I didn’t believe it to be true. But it is. I feel no love for him, I have no hope in him and feel no pity. He is a lost cause, evil through and through.

Someone else told me that a lot of people don’t leave their abusers because the severing process is too painful to go through- the pain of parting, the rebuilding of your own identity, etc. But it’s the only way you can survive and live. It’s the only way to freedom. And the good news is, the pain doesn’t last forever. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content